Vacancy: Freelance Marketing & Communications Consultant
Working to Support the National Talent Academies
The National Talent Academy Network, a Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland initiative has been established to develop a highly skilled talent and crew base throughout the country regionally across film, television and animation. There are currently five academies within the network focused on attracting next generation talent with a strong diversity agenda. Each academy will organise approximately 10-15 activities and courses per year.
We are looking to recruit a freelance marketing and communications service to support the academies established under the network, driving new participants to sign up for training courses and other activities.
- Provide high quality marketing and communications support to promote the training courses and activities being run by the academies resulting in online bookings.
- Execute a social media strategy across all social media channels for the network (and each individual academy).
- Create press opportunities where necessary for the work of the academies, to include regional press opportunities if required.
- Communicate with and report to the academies’ managers on a regular basis to coordinate publication of their activities.
- Plan and execute digital (including email) marketing campaigns to engage visitors to the site.
- Design, maintain and supply copy and content for the organisation’s website.
- Manage the further development of the website and use SEO to drive customers to the website.
- Write and optimise content for social networking accounts such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube.
- Prepare key marketing materials, with a particular focus on digital content.
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports using Google Analytics.
- Create a monthly digital newsletter for the network.
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the academy is at the forefront of digital communications developments.
- Edit and post videos, podcasts and audio content to online sites.
- Ensure accessibility compliance across all platforms.
Key Skills & Experience
- Public relation experience
- Editing and writing skills: You need to devise and edit content for various digital platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail and superb proofing skills
- Good working knowledge of mailchimp, social media platforms and website content management systems
- Video editing skills: Website and social media content will not just be text but frequently visual as well
- Project management skills: self-starter with good time-management skills, working to deadlines
- If possible, an understanding of or affinity with the screen production sector, i.e. film, television and animation would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- A knowledge of Irish language media outlets / regional media outlets would be an advantage
- Ability to work in the Irish language would be a distinct advantage.
Budget €45K (including VAT)
The National Talent Academy is an equal opportunities employer.
Please send a submission proposal outlining your relevant experience and interest in the role to email@example.com by March 2nd 2022.