Shadowing & Mentoring Expressions of Interest
Shadowing & Mentoring Expressions of Interest
The National Talent Academy Film & Television (NTA Film & TV) is seeking expressions of interest for bespoke placement, shadowing and mentoring opportunities. The NTA Film & TV plans to provide opportunities for established talent to progress their careers by obtaining experience on Irish and international TV dramas and feature films during the critical periods of writing, directing and producing through pre-production, production and post-production. Opportunities will also be sought within the drama commissioning departments of Broadcasters/Financiers (for creative producers/development executives) where possible.
A contribution for time commitment, travel and accommodation will be provided allowing individuals to meet personal financial obligations while gaining access to the industry, practical experience and career development opportunities.
A panel of participants will be selected with opportunities provided subject to their availability and suitable placements/productions being identified.
Dates/Duration: December 2021 – July 2022
Open to Writers, Directors, Producers /Creative Producers/Development Executives, who are habitually resident in the regions (outside Dublin/Wicklow) or who identify as diverse, with a demonstrable level of relevant experience.
- Directors or Writer/Directors must have previously directed at least two funded live action short films (at least one of which has been funded by a public body or broadcaster) and/or feature film and/or soap and/or high-end commercials with a clear interest in developing a career in television drama. Note that applications from more experienced Directors from other fields (e.g. Documentary) who are looking to build on their body of work and move into a television drama may also be considered.
- Writers – must have previous writing experience eg. produced screen stage content or published work.
- Development Executives / Script Editors – must have previous experience working within a production company or providing freelance script development services in the areas of screen, stage, published or online work.
- Producers / Creative Producers – must have previously produced at least two funded live action short films (at least one of which has been funded by a public body or broadcaster) and/or feature film and/or soap and/or high-end commercials and/or have worked in the Production Department across multiple projects with a clear interest in developing a career in television drama. Note that applications from more experienced Producers from other fields (e.g. Animation) who are looking to build on their body of work and move into a television drama may be considered.
The NTA Film & TV initiatives are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability. Please see our diversity and inclusion policy for further details.
How To Apply
Applicants must apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Completed Application Form
- Media CV – detailing relevant experience.
- Link to Showreel (directors only)
- A Personal Statement detailing how this initiative will progress your career (up to 2 pages or filmed statement of up to 3 minutes)
This is an open application process, however in some instances the NTA Film & TV may work with industry stakeholders including the Screen Guilds to identify Talent who are ready to progress and encourage them to apply.
Applications will be assessed by external experienced industry professionals (Irish and International) and up to 10 writers, 10 producers and 10 directors will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be considered by the Steering Committee/Working Group of the Steering Committee and/or Consortium and up to 12 participants will be selected.
About the Shadowing & Mentoring:
The NTA Film & TV hopes work with each participant to address their key requirements. It will endeavour to coordinate with the industry to identify opportunities for shadowing and mentoring, matching each participant with appropriate productions and/or professional opportunities.
The NTA Film & TV reserves the right to make amendments to this initiative subject to funding, production landscape and health and safety requirements at the time of delivery.
Please email email@example.com with questions or for any further information.
The National Talent Academy for Film and TV is an initiative of Screen Ireland managed by the Galway Film Centre.